Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Revenge of the Hormones

For the first few weeks, I was beginning to think that this pregnancy business was going to be a piece of cake! I had heard horror stories from friends and family of being sick for weeks on end and from others that had no morning sickness at all! I thought I was one of the lucky ones - the few and the proud that never had to experience being camped out in the bathroom.

I had not made it to the OB/GYN at this point so I still wasn't sure exactly how far along I was - but I'm guessing I'm about at 5 weeks. Since I was still feeling good at this point, I decided to head down the bayou for the weekend to give my mom a break and so I could hang out with my grandparents. Little did I know that my hormones had a different plan in mind!

Slowly, one by one, the symptoms started creeping in - first the back ache, then the frequent urination, head ache, exhaustion, then the nausea. Now, individually those aren't so bad and I had experienced them all before...however, when they all decide to surprise you in one day, it's not so fun!

I'm pretty sure I didn't get off of the sofa much that entire weekend. And if I did, I went to bed.... My mom and grandmother were very nice and offered advice that worked for them - but I just wanted to lay there and be quiet and still. I tried ginger root, which seemed to relieve the nausea and i had the heating pad practically glued to my back! It was a long weekend...and I still wasn't exactly sure what I had gotten myself in to. The one thing that I am certain of is that I am going to hold on tight for this crazy ride and that I'm looking forward to experiencing everything that goes along with pregnancy...the good and the not so good!

Let the fun begin!

1 comment:

  1. Kasey I finally got the chance to sit down to read and watch your blog, I loved every minute of it. There is nothing better than expanding an already wonderful "down the bayou" family!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete